The RAF Benevolent Fund offers many opportunities to work, develop and thrive in a number of various specialisations with an overall aim to make the lives of both serving and former members of the RAF all the better in their time of need.
Partnerships Development Account Manager
Salary: Circa £34,000 plus benefits
We have launched a new Centenary Campaign this year and have ambitious plans to grow fundraising income over the next three years and we need someone with the proven skills and experience to secure and support new business opportunities. Working across the fundraising partnerships team you will use your business development and relationship management experience, gained in the corporate or third sector, to support the Business Development Manager to help identify and win new strategic relationships for us.
The successful applicant will be a confident and adaptable communicator who can develop opportunities into profitable relationships. Proven experience will be needed in:
- Identifying and researching prospects in line with key areas of the partnership business plan
- Progressing prospects through proactive engagement and communications to win new business
- Developing creative written proposals, presentations and verbal pitches
- Updating and maintaining CRM database with accurate prospect and supporter information
- Working with and to a wide range of financial and non-financial KPI's
The role will support new business development and relationships across trusts, corporates, events and major donors.
The role is based in our central London office but works extensively with our Regional Directors, partnerships managers, communications teams and with the serving RAF. The role will involve some out of hours evening and weekend work.
See the job profile for this position. To apply, please pitch your skills and experience to Pete Thompson, our HR Manager at HRservices@rafbf.org.uk. Tell us how you believe you can excel in this role in a cover letter and attach your CV.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 17 July 2019. Interviews will take place the week commencing 22 July 2019.
Finance Business Partner
Salary: Circa £53,000 plus benefits
Term: 12 month fixed-term contract
The Finance team exists to support an ambitious fast paced organisation in achieving its strategic aims and needs a qualified accountant with strong technical and interpersonal skills to be a Finance Business Partner.
The successful candidate will provide our Welfare directorate and other teams with a high quality business partnering service, by supporting budget holders and decision makers in developing and presenting financial plans, monitoring performance, delivering successful outcomes and reporting those outcomes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading military charity and contribute proactively, to financial planning and decision-making processes, across directorates that have significant strategic importance and are focused on delivering results to a very high standard.
To be successful in this role you will have proven, relevant business partnering experience in a complex organisation and be able to:
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the activities of the organisation
- Apply financial concepts to the activities of the organisation and explain these to a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrate proficiency in accounting systems and Excel
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Contribute to the improvement of business processes
- Build strong relationships at all levels across directorates.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter explaining your interest and suitability to HRservices@rafbf.org.uk. We will be reviewing applications as received but the closing date is Friday 26 July 2019. Interviews will be held in August.