Menu Donate Request our help

Helpline: 0300 102 1919

Skip to navigation

Transition into civilian life

We understand that when the time comes for you to leave the RAF, transitioning into civilian life from time in Service can bring a number of challenges, and we are here to help those who need that extra support.


Your Chief Clerk is your first port of call for advice about the help and support that you may be entitled to receive, and they can make an application to us on your behalf for further support should you need it.

For specific help with housing or employment issues, visit our web pages to see how we may be able to help those who have left the RAF and are adjusting to civilian life.

And if you or a loved one has suffered an illness or injury whilst in Service, we can provide support in a number of ways to help you.

We work closely with RAF stations to ensure support reaches those who need it when they need it.

Enquire about receiving help online or call our free support line on 0800 169 2942.


When ex-SAC Luke Wigman was injured in Afghanistan, we were able to help him make that transition into civilian life. Read Luke's story.


Join The Search. Change A Life.

We've launched a new campaign to reach RAF veterans – who may need support – to get the help they deserve. Do you need help or will you join the campaign by telling us about someone you know who could benefit from our help?

Find out more

Sign up to receive the RAFBF e-newsletter